BRANCH WALKERS ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY
Branch Walkers Tree Services Ltd recognise the need to minimise any adverse environmental effects caused as a result of our activities and services, achieving our business objectives in a manner that reflects the changing environmental priorities of our customers and the community. As part of our commitment to maintaining the highest levels of environmental management, the company has implemented an environmental management system compliant with ISO14001:2015.
Branch Walkers Tree Services Ltd acknowledges its responsibility and commitment to the protection of the environment at all levels and will comply with applicable environmental regulations, laws and codes of practice whilst committing to continuous improvement of our environmental management performance and the prevention of pollution.
We recognise that our key adverse environmental impacts are energy consumption and waste generation. In particular, Branch Walkers Tree Services Ltd will:
- Take action to eliminate or reduce, as far as practicable, any actual or potentially adverse environmental impacts;
- Wherever practicable to use appropriate recycled or recyclable materials;
- Encourage employees to work in an environmentally responsible manner;
- Where appropriate, obtain support from customers by providing them with services that are environmentally responsible in use:
- Promote a purchasing policy which will give preference, as far as practical, to those products and services which cause least harm to the environment;
- To minimise the generation of waste, to promote the use of sustainable resources and to make use of all materials, supplies and energy;
- Ensure, where possible all waste generated is recycled or disposed of in a responsible manner;
- Where applicable the company with take into account the life cycle management of products to reduce whole life impacts.
The policy statement is on display at our premises and can be made available to the public via request and can also be found on the company website at www.branchwalkers.co.uk.
The Directors have responsibilities for the implementation of the policy and must ensure that environmental issues are given adequate consideration in the planning and day-to-day working activities.
All employees are expected to co-operate and assist in the implementation of this policy. This includes co-operating with management on any environment related matter.